The State of Kansas pays for juniors to take the ACT WorkKeys exam and the ACT. All Juniors are signed up for both assessments.
The WorkKeys assessment helps students measure their workplace skills that can affect job performance. WorkKeys assessments are:
- Unique—Unlike other assessments, they don’t simply give an indication of reading and writing competency. Instead, they measure a range of hard and soft skills relevant to any occupation, at any level, and across industries.
- Recognized—Successful completion of WorkKeys assessments can lead to earning an National Career Readiness Certificate® (NCRC®)—a credential that verifies foundational workplace skills. Tens of thousands of employers recognize the value of the NCRC, and many recommend the credential to candidates. Kansas Work Ready Certificate
You may not realize it, but you have been preparing to take the ACT test for years. The ACT has always been about what students learn in high school. The ACT Test…
- Is accepted by all US colleges and universities
- Is scored based on correct answers only
- Based on what you learn in school
To register, please go to ACT Website. Sterling High’s school code is 172830. Students who qualify for free or reduced lunches, receive low-income public assistance, or reside in a foster home can qualify for up to 2 fee waiver requests. Please see Mrs. Wohler if you believe you qualify for a fee waiver.
2021/2022 ACT Test Dates
|Oct. 23||Sept. 17|
|Dec. 11||Nov. 5|
|Feb. 12||Jan. 7|
|April 2||Feb. 25|
Test Prep Sites
Below are a few Free ACT Prep sites that can help students feel more confident on test day. Many of these sites have practice tests so that students can see which areas they need more practice.
March 2 Success offers full length ACT practice tests. They also offer flashcards that can help you study for the ACT. All you need to do is Register in the top right corner and then go to courses.